i am struggling to write tonight. i thought about doing another "one thing" post just so i could say i posted today. i don't want to post just to post. i want to be real and honest.
today hasn't been a bad day. don't get me wrong. for some reason after dinner though, it was like a switch was flipped inside my heart and everything seemed horrible and hurty and achy deep down. albeit i am very tired and a little sad my aunt and cousin had to leave today. but the ache tells me that's not everything.
i feel disconnected and am wrestling with some thoughts and feelings over and over again.
my heart is telling me to run to my Father right now. stubborn me is more concerned with my little pity party even though i know it's not making me feel any better.
in a feeble attempt to obey, i mindlessly opened the book on my bed and it fell open to the reminder i needed.
my princess, you are connected to Me. I am the vine-your spiritual lifeline-and you are My beautiful branch that produces fruit for all to taste. I am in you and with you. we are eternally connected. you will never feel alone or abandoned as long as you stay connected to Me. wherever you are I am there, ready to give you whatever you need for that moment in time. I delight in flowing through you, My precious one. I will never disconnect our relationship even if you try to fun from Me. my loving arms are always open to welcome you home. always remember that nothing you do or say will ever change my love for you . so stay close to the Vine, My love.
love,
your King and your Vinedresser
i am thankful that God doesn't mind reminding me about things and telling me as often as i need to hear it that i am His, that He loves me forever, that i am precious to Him, that He is here waiting for me to give up acting strong and run to Him with the tears threatening to spill onto my cheeks.
i am there now. g'night. xoxo
I was in John 15 this morning, too, and although at first I didn't want to, it was just what I needed to hear. He's so good to keep reminding us. I love you. a lot.
ReplyDelete