
(I took this photo with my phone the other day while I was waiting out by the creek on campus for the rest of my geology class to arrive for field day. I was following the sun around when I spotted these little leaves poking up through the brown grass.)
Apparently, it snowed here this morning and it actually stuck on the ground. But I slept through it. :( It was gone by the time I woke up (I was lazy and slept in til 11:30). While the snow disappeared, the cold has not. I like being warm and cozy so I've been finding multiple ways to stay that way including:
... laying underneath a comforter and two heavy afghans until the clock said I absolutely had to brave the cold floor and get up
... standing in the shower with the water as hot as I could tolerate
... drinking hot tea
... folding warm laundry (after waiting over an hour and a half for the clothes to finally be dry)
... wearing thick, fuzzy socks and a hoodie
... thinking about sitting in front of a blazing fire (it didn't make me warmer, but it's a nice thought :)
... changing the sheets on my bed (going up and down the ladder many, many times-seriously, making a lofted bed is a workout)
... drinking more tea
... drinking some more tea
I am down with finding a nice, hot fire! =]
ReplyDeletesounds sooo cozy...except for that part where you're trying to keep from freezing. :) but still!
ReplyDeletexos