Pages

Thursday, November 18

around the bend

Every day lately feels as if I am coming around a bend in the road. There is constant unknown around the bend. Maybe that's a good thing. There are less moments when I think I have things under control myself.

One adventure I had tonight is actually pretty funny now. My roommate, Tiffany, was going to be taking Corey, Aaron, and Cassie to Special Olympics bowling tonight. Her Jeep would not start. I get a call from Tiffany while I'm in the cafeteria with Anna Grace asking if she can borrow my car. I told her where I thought I had parked my car on Sunday (the latest day I drove it). I get another car a little bit later and Tiffany tells me she cannot find my car. Anna Grace and I head out into the cold to help find my car. By this time I'm a tad worried. I look in both parking lots I usually park my car in and it's nowhere to be found. I finally decide to check the small upper parking lot right next to my dorm (it's rare to find a parking spot up there). It turns out I had completely forgotten I had gone to do an interview for my phonetics honors project Sunday afternoon and when I returned had happened to find an open spot in that parking lot. Needless to say, we had all gotten worried over nothing. I just felt like I needed my head examined. I suppose with everything I'm trying to keep straight in my head it's understandable.

Later, after Tiffany got back from bowling we were able to get her car started thanks to a very nice guy who had a battery charger. I must say that battery charger gizmo is pretty amazing. It turns out Tiffany had left her interior lights on by accident for a week (she hadn't driven her car since last Wednesday).

While this story isn't totally related to what I wrote in the beginning, it does belong. I never know what will happen and that's ok. I know my God is in control and I can trust in Him no matter what. That's what He desires of me as His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment