Pages

Wednesday, July 28

simply.

How often do we just simply do something? Life can get so busy, filled with so many distractions that I feel like I must multi-task to get anything and everything accomplished. How often do I simply listen? How often do I simply sit and be still? How often do I simply praise the Lord?

God deserves my full attention, 24/7. He's been having to share mine quite a bit lately. I want to simply gaze, simply listen, simply obey, simply trust, simply praise, simply enjoy being with my Abba Father, be simply overwhelmed and amazed. and let time pass away as I am simply held in His grasp.

Living life simply-God's way. To do that I have to let Him take my distractions, my plans, my nicely organized (or so they seem) lists, and my priorities. and leave them there at His feet. simply let go. I'm not ignoring the business or things that need to be done, but letting God organize, plan, and pick the perfect times to do them in. Like now, there are so many things in my room I'd like to tackle because they're driving me crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's bedtime. It's the next right thing. My room will wait one more day.





3 comments: