I am hopelessly drawn to the concept of before and after. Watching something go from unorganized to organized, broken to wholeness, boring to beautiful, dirty to clean is so satisfying and invigorating. Being involved in that change is even more so. The neat thing is God designed this whole concept of before and after. Before creation there was only the Trinity; after there was the heavens and the earth. Before sin there was perfection; after there was hardship, guilt, and death. Before my heart was black with sin; after Jesus Christ came in there is forgiveness, grace, and new life.
Right now my blog feels like my bed in the first photo. messy. unorganized. all over the place. not how i envision it in my head (if you stick around a while you will discover i view most of life in pictures, that are usually in my head:). stuck in indecision (which one of the hundreds of posts in my head should I actually write?). begging for a boost to get it going.
Finding my voice and bearings here feels daunting and exciting and humbling all at the same time. In this moment I am working to be content in the *before*. (working to be content. hmm, that keeps popping up). in the learning process. in the growing. in the changing. in the newness. in how God will use the coming moments to shape me into His image until the day of His return.
thanks for listening (and putting up with my switches in capitalization!) :)
I get it...we'd so like to have "arrived," wouldn't we? I sure would...Let's just skip to the happily-ever-after! :D
ReplyDeleteBut I want to enjoy the journey, too. Apparently it's part of His plan. And I'm so glad we get to be on it together!
And your top pic looks awesome. :)
oh, i'm drawn to the before and after, as well. :) isn't it telling that the after wouldn't mean so much or be so beautiful if it wasn't for the before? it gives me a little more patience for those vulnerable, unorganized spots.
ReplyDeletei'm so glad you have a blog! thanks for sharing. :)